I was feeling quite domestic today and I thought I would share a delicious recipe with you - because, well, it's amazing :)
This recipe comes from The Pampered Chef's new "Cookbook For A Cause volume 2" that came out on September 1st. It's chalked full of recipes from TLC's Stars and it benefits Feeding America! For each cookbook sold The Pampered Chef will donate $1 to Feeding America to help provide eight meals to those in need. The cookbook only costs $3 - so it's a super cheap way to help those in need - AND get some yummy recipes!! To purchase you can visit THIS website.
The Recipe I made was Randy's Blueberry-Lemon Scones (he's the star from Say Yes to the Dress)
2 cups unbleadched all-purpose flour
1 TBSP baking powder
5-6 TBSP sugar
1 lemon's zest
1/2 tsp salt
5 TBSP COLD unsalted butter
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries - unthawed
1 cup heavy cream (plus a little extra)
1. Pre-Heat oven to 425'
(this isn't in the recipe - but right now I cut up the butter into little chunks and stick it in the freezer until I'm going to use it - for tender, flaky scones the butter should be VERY cold when cutting it into the dry ingredients)
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir in: flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and lemon zest
3. With your fingertips, mix in 5 TBSP cold unsalted butter cut into 1/4-inch cubes. Mix together until consistency of course meal with a few slightly larger butter lumps.
4. Stir in fresh or frozen blueberries and heavy cream
5. on a floured surface, form into ball and pat into an 8-inch circle, about 3/4 of an inch thick
6. Brush top and sides with heavy cream, and then sprinkle generously with raw sugar
7. Cut into 8 triangles (like you would slice a pie)
8. Spray baking sheet lightly with cooking spray and wipe of excess with a paper towel (I used my baking stone - so no extra oil there!)
9. Bake on cookie sheet at 425' for 12-15 minutes (the stone takes a little longer more like 17 minutes) until lightly golden
10. Resist eating them immediately. Let them rest about 10 minutes to firm up. ENJOY!!
And just for the fun of it (and I didn't want to waste the rest of my heavy cream) I made butter for the first time since kindergarten! LOL it was fun, and it's delicious! ;) I sorta kinda not really used THIS recipe/directions - now if I could only buy raw milk in Iowa I would make my own ALL the time....Iowa needs to fix that!
Hopefully it won't be months before you hear from me again! Let me know how you enjoy these scones!!