Monday, July 9, 2012

Hey Good Looking, What You Got Cooking?

I've been doing a little bit of cooking lately and well...I'm SO behind in posting any of the pictures! So here are a FEW of the recipes I've made the last few weeks - all of them have been fantastic :)

Overnight Blueberry French Toast:
I made this at Christmas time for my Mother-in-love and Brother-in-law and it was a HUGE hit :) I made it again recently and made a few changes and was still fantastic! The first time I made it I thought it could be a little sweeter - so this time I added 1/8 cup of sugar to the egg mixture - it helped.  Next time I think I will add some cinnamon and nutmeg :)  I also did not layer it in the pan like I did the first time - I mixed it all together - much better.  I also made this 24 hours before I was going to cook it up - worked wonderful! (I also used the bread from the recipe below...not sure if I liked it, but Brian did!)


The Blueberry syrup - don't skip this step - it's fantastic!! 
The deliciousness in a bowl!! 

Easy Homemade French Bread
This is a fantastic recipe and I WILL be making it again! I let the bread rise 4 times and it was SUPER fluffy.  I also changed the water in the stove once or twice to keep it steamy :)  I made one batch at a time in my kitchenaid mixer using the dough hook - seriously, the easiest bread I've ever made :)



Don't skip the egg wash step - the loafs are kinda ugly without it!

Last night we hosted our small group at our house and I always try and make a "sweet" something and a "savory" something - you know, to please the crowd :)  Here are the two recipes I made:

Texas Trash
The name "Texas Trash" was all over Pinterest - but the actual recipe just calls it "Warm Bean Dip" - Texas Trash is more fun :)  This was such a hit, that I didn't get a picture of the final product -oops!  But it was super simple to make. The only change I would do is mix the top layer of cheese in with the bean part - just keep enough cheese to sprinkle on top. Serve with Tortilla chips. The group really seemed to like this one!


Yes, this recipe was brought to you by Target ;) lol

Cherry Cheesecake Dip
This was fantastic!! Seriously the easiest dessert/dip I've EVER made.  The recipe says NOT to use a mixer to mix the white layer together - I used my kitchenaid mixer with the beater attachment and it came out REALLY fluffy and nice - I mixed the cream cheese and the fluff together on a higher speed, and then added the cool whip at the lowest level until it was JUST mixed together - don't over mix!  I would love to try this with other fruits - Blueberries, Strawberries, Raspberries (for Brian) etc... the sky is the limit ;)  Make sure to have extra graham crackers on hand!


Better Than "You Know What" Cake 2 
I made this cake for our 4th anniversary. It's from the Point of Grace's "Cooking with Grace" cookbook. It was really good - the only thing "I" would change is to melt the chocolate chips - I wasn't crazy about that "crunch" in the middle of an ooey gooey cake mixture! lol But Brian really liked it that way....so it's up to you!


18.5 oz German chocolate Cake mix - (I used a double fudge chocolate cake mix)
       **You also want the ingredients on the back of the cake mix**
1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup caramel sundae topping (or the whole jar if you forget to read the instructions...like me lol)
12 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed (or 16 to finish up the carton lol)
3 Heath Bars, crushed (or just buy the already crushed up bag of heath bars by the chocolate chips)

1. Heat oven to 350
2. Grease and flour 9x13 pan (I didn't flour it - I used the Pam spray with flour in it)
3. Prepare cake mix and directed on package, pour into prepared pan
4. after 10 minutes of baking, remove cake from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips
5. return to oven and continue to bake until cake is done
6. while cake is still hot use the end of a wooden spoon to poke several holes in the top of the cake.
7. pour sweetened condensed milk over the cake.
8. Let cool completely
9. Top with caramel sauce, then whipped topping
10. sprinkle with candy pieces

Keep cake refrigerated. It gets better the next day! Enjoy!!  Serves 12-15


I made this 2 days before we were going to eat it - and it was fantastic!!

Well there you have it - just a few recipes that I've made recently - what have you been cooking?

No comments:

Post a Comment