Friday, October 5, 2012

Trying something a little different...

This is a post I wrote up for my weight loss blog - thought I would share it here too since it's what's going on right now!
 *~*~*


Yes, I haven't posted in here in almost 2 months NO I haven't given up. But I haven't lost any more either.  But I've decided to try something different.  Let me explain.


Back in September I visited with 2 girlfriends who were going to try this WHOLE30 way of eating (for more information check out the book "It starts with food" by Dallas & Melissa Hartwig). It's a lot like Paleo (if you've heard of that) and it's basically 30 days where you are gluten free, dairy free, legume free, and sugar free. I know I know - if you're anything like me you are asking WHAT DO YOU EAT THEN?? Let me tell you ;)  You have Meat, lots of it, EGGS, you have fresh veggies (no white potatoes  peas, beans, corn) and fruit - lots of them too! You can also have nuts (except peanuts because they really aren't nuts anyway) and a limited amount of dried fruit.  They do suggest that you eat as good of meat as you can afford - as in grass fed meats, wild caught seafood etc.. And they really would like to see you eat all organic fruits and veggies.  But I have to be honest with you, our budget just doesn't allow for that right now. So I am doing this W30 on Aldi fruit veggies and meat.  Yes, I understand that I probably won't get all the benefits from the W30 as I would if I were eating better foods....but I'm doing what I can do.

I really thought it was going to be a lot harder to give up everything than it has been. I'm currently on day 5 and have only had cravings on day 2 when I was out in town and drove by an ice cream shop ;)  I SO wanted something SWEET and SUGARY....but I was good.  Part of this W30 is re-training your body to crave better things, to eat the "fat" in your body instead of "carbohydrates", and to "slay the sugar dragon."  This way of eating can also help hormone problems, infertility, inflammation in the body (Sinus pain, muscle pain etc...), helps to lower cholesterol, helps with allergies, and MANY MANY other "problems" that are going on in your body. It should also help with my relationship with food. (YAY!)

At the end of the W30 you have 10 days where you re-introduce items back to your diet - like Gluten, Dairy etc... and you can see how your body reacts to it.  If you have problems, you may not want to introduce that item back into your diet - it might not be worth the stomach aches, pain etc... Right now my 30 days will end on October 30th.  At this point depending on how I"m doing I may start another W30 right away, especially if I am seeing the same results as a bunch of my friends have been seeing.  So I don't really have a plan for the "end" of my W30 yet. By that time I might just really NEED something that isn't approved, and then again, maybe I won't!

So I'm only at the beginning of my journey and so far I'm enjoying it. On day one I had a very small headache, but nothing major. On day 3 I felt sick ALL DAY LONG. But I wonder if that has anything to do with my period, being on W30 AND using Clomid all at the same time ;)  I kind of think it did. But since then I've felt good - I'm not usually hungry at all, and I have to remind myself to eat!

So here we go! 25 days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment