Wednesday, December 28, 2011

What Really Works #1

About a month ago while eating at our favorite restaurant (Newtons) I got a berry sauce on my favorite light pink shirt - you know that delicious berry sauce that is a deep purple color. Well obviously I wiped it out as best as I could - but when you get something like that on your clothes you KNOW it's going to stain.  Well I  went home and put a stain stick on it and threw it in the washer right away.  Took it out of the washer and the stain was still there.  So I tried another technique that my momma taught me - poor laundry detergent directly on the stain, let it sit for a while and then wash. Yeah, the stain was STILL there. I tried a few other things - nothing was working.  So I gave up.  Well a few weeks ago I saw a pin on Pinterest (you all know about this site right? if not - you NEED to get an account - and be prepared to waste ALOT of time there :D ) that claimed to be the best stain remover - ever. Well I thought about my shirt, and said - why not? It's not like I'm going to ruin it anymore! Well I ended up waiting about a week or so before getting to the store to get the ingredients to make this stain remover (so now the shirt has had the stain for about 3 weeks).  I FINALLY get the right ingredients and made up the stain remover - it was SUPER easy to make and I just brushed it onto the stain with an old toothbrush - the recipe said that she "watched the stain disappear right before her eyes" well - my stain wasn't going away that fast - so I let it sit on the stain for a little bit (maybe an hour or two) and then threw it in the washer - THE STAIN CAME OUT! I was SOOOO excited!    This also works on blood, and other stains I've worked on (and some of those stains DID disappear right before my eyes!)

So have I convinced you that this stuff works? Do you want the recipe? Well wait no longer here it is:

1 part Dawn Dish Washing Liquid
2 part Hydrogen Peroxide
Just mix it together and poor it onto the stain - you can scrub a little if you'd like.
(I actually made it WRONG the first time - I used 2 parts dawn and 1 part peroxide - and it still worked!)

Yep, it's THAT easy.

So go and find that SOMETHING that has that stubborn stain and try it out, and let me know how much you love this stain remover!!  Thanks to Pinterest for bringing this to my attention - but also to One Good Thing by Jillee for writing the article up - go check it out because she has some variations that I haven't tried yet ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment