Tuesday, March 13, 2012

March 13

I made The Pioneer Woman's Oatmeal Crispies the other day - they were SUPER easy to make, and everyone who tried them has loved them :)

So much so, that they are all gone already ;)  I guess I COULD make some more ;)

And yes, I found the recipe in my new cookbook that my dear Mother-in-love gave me for Christmas :) I absolutely love it!

So obviously this blogging every day thing hasn't stuck.  But maybe once a week - or a few times a week? We'll see what happens ;)

Yesterday would have been my mom's 56th birthday. I can't even begin to explain how much I miss her.  She wasn't just my mom - she was my best friend.  She was always on my side - even if I was wrong, she would tell me what she thought and still stand by my side. She loved me unconditionally.  She was such a woman of God.  Her relationship with Him was so unique, so personal, she was in love with Him.  I found out today that the last person that she witnessed to passed away.  I'm not sure if he ever made peace with Jesus Christ or not, but my heart hurts for his family - especially the kids he helped to raise, and loved as his own.

It makes me remember that life is short.  Enjoy every moment. Know where you're going to spend eternity - know for sure.  Love the Lord your God with all your heart, your soul and your mind.  Love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment