Sunday, February 26, 2012

February 26

I know I've shared this recipe before - but I think it was on my other blog (that I shut down a few years ago) so if you're still following me this is a repeat - but it's SO good that it's worth the additional blog ;)

I originally got this recipe from Weight Watchers - I can't remember where - and I'm sure when done "properly" it's a lower fat pizza - but I'll leave that up to you to figure out ;)

Turkey BBQ Pizza:

So you can either start with a store bought pizza crust (like I did) or make your own (THIS recipe is fantastic!) and then put any type of BBQ Sauce that you like on the crust - I LOVE Sweet Baby Ray's (even if it has High Fructose Corn Syrup in it - boo...)  I think I usually use about 1/2 cup - but do as much as you'd like


Spread the sauce over all of the dough - if you like a clean crust than make sure you leave room for that - I don't care much, so I put it ALL OVER ;) 

Take one package of Turkey lunch meat and slice it up - I just use scissors and cut it all at once - super fast!  layer it over the bbq sauce. 
Take 1/2 of a purple onion and chop it up - you can do this as course or as fine as you'd like - and you can use more or less of the onion - totally up to your tastes - layer the onion over the turkey
I then give it another layer of BBQ Sauce - again do as much as you like - if you like a saucier pizza - than do more - if not do less.  Obviously you can tell that I just squirted it out of the bottle onto the pizza

Then put some shredded swiss cheese on top - again do as much as you'd like, this is where the extra fat comes into play - so do as little or as much as you'd like. 


I then bake in the oven at 350-400' for 25-35 minutes - I usually like the cheese a little more brown than this turned out today - but we were HUNGRY after church!  I also bake it on my Pampered Chef Round Stone so the crust is nice and crispy! 

Slice and serve HOT! 

Let me know if you try this pizza - it's one of our favorites!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment